Encourage children to learn about Advent, read bible stories, pray, be kind and generous to others with these Christ focused Advent activity ideas. Write each one on a card and put them together in a jar - pull one, or two, cards a day and enjoy the activity together.
24 Christian Advent Activity Ideas for Children
1. Be creative and tell the Advent and Christmas story through a piece of art.
2. Read a book aloud, as a family, throughout Advent.
3. For each letter of the alphabet write down a word associated with Jesus.
4. Make some cookies to share with others.
5. Make some Advent window decorations.
6. Find out : What happened in the visitation?
7. Find out : What do the four Advent candles represent?
8. Find out : How many people wrote the Bible? How many books are there in total?
9. Design a poster that celebrates Jesus.
10. Draw the Liturgical Year calendar.
11. Research a Saint.
12. Make a nativity scene from recycled items.
13. Make a cross with items found in nature.
14. Make a bird feeder.
15. Read a Bible story as a family.
16. Learn about the tradition of a Jesse Tree. Start one and make some Jesse Tree ornaments.
17. Learn and sing the verses of O Come, O Come Emmanuel.
18. Start a food donation box.
19. Pray for those less fortunate.
20. Write a letter to Jesus and let him know what he means to you.
21. Read the story of Epiphany.
22. Pray for faith and your relationship with Jesus.
23. Do something kind for the planet.
24. Write a thank you letter to your pastor.
For more fun ideas for children and families our 48 Christian Advent Activity Cards are available. We'd be so grateful for your support of our store and wish you a very happy holidays.