Do you have a spy mad child that enjoys secret codes, puzzles and riddles? Yes? Great - we have just the game for you! Take them on a spy puzzle treasure hunt adventure and have them racing all around the house solving puzzles and cracking codes in search of a surprise. The perfect way to share a birthday gift, a holiday surprise, a reward or a kids activity for a rainy day.
How to setup a Spy Scavenger Hunt
Gather all your clues and make a note of each solution. When planning your route try to send children racing from one area of the house to another - this adds to the excitement and also helps prolong the fun for as long as possible.
Starting with your first clue hide the next card at it’s solution and so on. Here is an example of a route to better illustrate ;
- You give your child the first clue, it’s solution is TABLE.
- Underneath the table hide clue number two. It’s solution is the BATHROOM.
- In the bathroom hide the third clue. The solution to this clue is SOMEWHERE COLD.
- In the fridge or freezer, for example, hide clue number four. The solution to this clue leads kids to the BOOKCASE. Etc ….
Example Spy Scavenger Hunt Clues
Here is an example puzzle - can you solve it? Answer below.
How about this one? Should each white box be filled with the letter above or below to make an eight letter word?
- Rearrange the letters by font or colour. The solution is UNDER THE TABLE.
Choose the correct letters to spell the word BATHROOM.
Here are some other puzzle treasure hunts I've had a great time designing and that your kids might enjoy! I'd love to hear how you got on so please do get in touch in the comments below.