Tired of getting grunt replies to your questions at the dinner table? Awkward silence with extended family? Run out of things to say at your Church group? Or looking for a new activity to introduce to your friends over Bible study?
Excellent! The good news is you are in the right place. This list of thoughtful Christian discussion questions and conversation starters will help promote meaningful connections and get the chit-chat flowing in no time.
40 Christian Conversation Questions
Start off gently and get even the most reluctant participant out of their shell. Take it in turns to ask and answer questions. Listen carefully to all replies for it is the best way to understand one another, grow together and support each other in your practise.
1. What book of the Bible would you like to know more about and why?
2. Which Bible character is most like you and why?
3. When do you feel closest to God?
4. What is one way you saw God working today?
5. Do you prefer to read the Old Testament or the New Testament? Why?
6. Can you name all the 12 disciples?
7. Which sin do you struggle with the most?
8. How do you like to spend time with God?
9. How has God moved in your life this past week?
10. What is a song that has greatly impacted your faith?
Save yourself some time and purchase 80 Christian Conversation Cards today.
11. What do you love about God and why?
12. Have you ever questioned your faith?
13. Have you been a Christian your whole life?
14. How do you like to worship?
15. What do you value most?
16. How do you like to give back and serve?
17. Have you ever felt neglected by God?
18. What is the most important lesson to teach children?
19. What do you look forward to in the Christian calender?
20. Can you share an special memory from Church?
21. If someone said to you, “I don't believe in God.” how would you answer?
22. Is there a meaning to life? If so, what do you think it is?
23. If you could relive any part of your life, what would it be and why?
24. Have you met someone who doesn’t understand your faith?
25. If you were going to be a missionary, what country would you like to serve in?
26. What is the difference between being spiritual and being religious?
27. What misconceptions are there about faith?
28. What is your earliest memory from Church?
29. How can we live a more simple and faith focused life?
30. What are three things you would like to accomplish in the next year?
Looking for more fun? Download and play our Bible Game Bundle!
31. What are the five things you are most thankful for in your life right now?
32. If God could grant you any one request, what would it be?
33. What would you say are your 3 greatest strengths?
34. What are the biggest questions you have about your relationship with God?
35. Who has had the biggest influence on your faith?
36. Have you ever used your faith to serve another agenda?
37. Does God make mistakes?
38. Where have you seen God this week?
39. What gives you the most hope for the future?
40. What direction is God pointing you towards right now?
Exhausted the list and looking for more questions? Well done - by this point you should have opened yourself up to others and feel more connected as a group and to God. Please consider purchasing our Christian Conversation cards and supporting our small business for more. Purchase 80 Christian Conversation Cards today.
I'd love to hear your feedback about how you got on and if you have any great questions to share.